Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Wander (working title)

Now that I've gone through the published books, I'd like to go through some of my other projects still in the works. I will write what people read, so if you like a story idea and want me to start focusing on it more, let me know. Comment here, message me on Facebook, do something to let me know which story you want me to make a priority.

Having said that, let's talk about Wander.  Since A Dreamer's Knight, I knew the dream realm was going to be a big part of my work.  It is, after all, a great mystery in our world as well.  What are dreams?  Why do our minds create the images we see while we're asleep? Are dreams our minds way of interpreting reality we haven't fully processed yet?

In the case of the Elsewhere Universe, no. The dream realm is a separate plane of existence that is woven around the mainstream. It has its own natives, its own rules, and  its own magic separate from that of normal existence.

Wander is the story of a scarecrow who has lost his memories, and his adventures across the Dream Realm. Who is he?  Why is he a scarecrow?  Will he recover his memories?  These are just a few of the questions that will be answered as the story continues.

This book will be set in the dream realm, with perhaps one or two small suggestions and the occasional flash back or recovered memory. Wander will serve almost as a guide to the way the Dream Realm of the Elsewhere Universe works, explaining everything from the growth of the nixils to the Dream Realm's zodiac. The Dreamers get their power from the dream realm, but they are essentially standing with a foot in both realms.  Some would suggest this means they are not truly part of either for this. While none of the Elsewhere Incorporate appear in this story (the Elsewhere not having even been formed yet), Wander will be a key piece of the puzzle that is the Dreamers.  When I finish it, that is.

In truth, this story has already gone through a full draft; unfortunately, many aspects of it have changed, and it now requires rewriting.  While some of the original remain, I hope to capture the essence of the dream realm with this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment