Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Late Night Ramblings

It's nice to take a break.  I've been pushing myself to finish Mass Effect Slipstream II - The Life of One, since I'm only a few chapters away from finishing, but I promised myself I wouldn't work on the weekends.  I do that all week; the least I can do is give myself a few days off to goof around.

My roommate's cats are swirling around my ankles, looking for attention (or food, more likely). I'm a bit hungry myself, but I'm gonna at least finish this before I go fishing around for something.

I really don't know what to do with myself.  I could play minecraft, I suppose; I've been recreating the Elsewhere Mansion on the excellent Vox Populi server, starting with one of the larger floors, The Library.  Fortunately, I have a template to work from, as I built it in single player creative previously.


It took ages in creative, as each floor is a maze complete with secret paths in some of the shelves that sometimes reach into other floors, so you can imagine how hard it is to recreate in survival.

Quartz and leather take time to collect, but I'm in no hurry.


I usually work on it while listening to Drunk Minecraft episodes, though sometimes hearing the inevitable explosions from youtube can cause me a bit of in-game anxiety. Vox Populi hosts three worlds: diamond, emerald, and gold (I'm on diamond), and there is plenty to do if you're looking for a server on which to play.

Not sure if I really want to do that, though. I'm kinda wanting to go look up the more recent Evil Dead movie; with a new one on the way, I've been meaning to give that one a watch. I've finally broken down and signed up for netflix, so there are a ton of shows there I'm wanting to watch (recently, I've been watching a lot of Columbo. There's a Dreamer if I ever saw him.  It never gets old watching criminals completely discount him as a threat, only to stumble head-long into the trap. 

Oh well. Just a note; I'll probably start divvying up the posts; Elsewhere every other day, with other posts being small reviews and thoughts on things I feel have an element of Dreamer to them.  I have a few more short stories too, and I'm hoping to be able to write some more, perhaps even enough to fill out another book.

I'm gonna go get myself a sandwich. You folks have a nice night, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment