Saturday, July 18, 2015

Dream Log #1

I was digging in some older directories and uncovered part of an old dream journal.  I'll be posting the entries here; I have to say, reading some of these, I honestly can't remember having them in the first place anymore.  Still, you know how much I love the dream realm.
-----
6-25-2012



I'm on a train that also seems to be some kind of bookstore (?) Almost immediately, I'm under the impression that I've done something wrong.  My Mom is there, seeming rather ambivalent towards the whole thing, while the other mothers (aside from the ones I recognize, I know they are mothers In the side car) seem disapproving.  I eventually come to the conclusion that a tag in my dress (In case you haven't figured it out, I am male) is showing for some reason, but not before a disconcerting encounter with the book seller, who won't give me a proper version of a movie I have for some reason; the first disc is scored with words, something about a disc blocking the way or a disc stopping something.  

 My friend, Cody Knight (note: Cody and I were in elementary school together ... and haven't seen each other for over a decade. I was always a bit jealous of his red hair and cool demeanor) is there, as are others I faintly recognize, but something seems fairly off about all of them.  I gradually realize that Cody is also viewed disapprovingly; while trying to write down the name of the book/movie (wanting to pick up the book since I can't get the movie), I ask Cody for a pen, only to see a girl with dark red hair staring at me, sitting where Cody used to be sitting.  I ask around, but Cody isn't just gone; nobody seems to know who he is.  The book was something like the Magic of Majerie or something like that, and was a multi-disc affair.   I also seem to recall making some kind of call; not sure what it was about.

That girl's stare was intense, and even more off-setting because she seemed to anticipate me looking up to ask Cody … as if she wanted me to know she knew I was going to ask.  And what was with that book?  Cor, I wish I remembered the name of the book.  It seems important.  It was a book and a movie; that seemed to be the thing.  I couldn't have access to the movie because the first disc had been marked, but apparently reading the book wasn't out of the question (Cody was reading the book, he confirmed this).  Was the fact that I was a girl (I was wearing a dress, after all) some kind of indication?  Did Cody turn into that girl, or did he disappear?  Was there some connection to the pre-dream, where I was dealing with some kind of sealed away force?  I remember feeling annoyed that someone had prepared traps and wards to deal with the force, but after so much time, no one remained who knew how to deal with them.

There was another segment, but it may have been past the awareness point; I was on some kind of dark rusty train, straight out of a silent hill game, and something tall and nasty with a scythe quickly took notice of me.  However, I summoned Truth with no problem, which seemed to scare it away.  Even if not past the awareness point, this seems to verify the nature of the Truth Manifestation; it responds when the wielder's will is firm (I remember not being afraid), and its mere presence is enough to dissuade most of the Dream Realm's dark denizens.
-----
That last bit I do recognize; in the Elsewhere Universe, Dreamers can summon what is known as 'Defiance', a sort of soul weapon that takes a form specific to that Dreamer.  I think I was going with calling the phenomenon 'Truth' at the time, though I can't remember what form my Defiance took in that Dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment